Ever wish you had a way to tell your pesky little brother or sister to stay out of your room when you’re busy? Or a way to tell friends it’s okay to come in when you’re not? Let Bad Kitty guard your door with this fun (and functional) Bad Kitty Door Hanger.
What you’ll need:
- Construction paper: black, red, yellow, and brown
- A black marker or pencil
What you’ll do:
- On your black construction paper, draw and cut out a long rectangle. It should be as long and as wide as you’d like your door hanger to be.
- Cut into the rectangle about 2 inches from the top, and cut a circle in the center where the door hanger can slide over the doorknob.
- Draw and cut out two triangular ears, two sets of whiskers, and a tuft of hair for the top of Bad Kitty’s head with the black construction paper you have left.
- On your red construction paper, draw and cut out four triangles for the insides of Bad Kitty’s ears, and two T-shapes for her nose.
- On your yellow construction paper, draw and cut out four circles for Bad Kitty’s eyes, and two small rectangles for the door hanger messages.
- On your brown construction paper, cut out two rounded shapes for Bad Kitty’s mouth.
- Glue the black triangles and the tuft of hair to the very top of the door hanger, above the doorknob hole.
- Glue the red triangles into the black on both sides of the door hanger to make the insides of the ears.
- Glue on the yellow circles just below the doorknob hole to the front and back of the door hanger. Draw black dots in the circles to make them into eyes.
- Glue on the brown shape for Bad Kitty’s mouth below the eyes on the front and back.
- Glue on the red T-shape for her nose over the mouth on the front and back.
- Glue the whiskers on either side of the door hanger near the bottom, at the same level as the mouth.
- At the very bottom on front and back, glue on the yellow rectangles and write in a message that welcomes people one side, and that tells them to come back later on the other side. Our door hanger says:
- Front: PURRRFECT TIMING…COME ON IN!
- Back: NOT RIGHT MEOW…TRY AGAIN LATER.
But have fun with it and write your own message!
Hang on your door and enjoy!