Ever wish you had a way to tell your pesky little brother or sister to stay out of your room when you’re busy? Or a way to tell friends it’s okay to come in when you’re not? Let Bad Kitty guard your door with this fun (and functional) Bad Kitty Door Hanger.
2. Cut into the rectangle about 2 inches from the top, and cut a circle in the center where the door hanger can slide over the doorknob.
3. Draw and cut out two triangular ears, two sets of whiskers, and a tuft of hair for the top of Bad Kitty’s head with the black construction paper you have left.
4. On your red construction paper, draw and cut out four triangles for the insides of Bad Kitty’s ears, and two T-shapes for her nose.
5. On your yellow construction paper, draw and cut out four circles for Bad Kitty’s eyes, and two small rectangles for the door hanger messages.
6. On your brown construction paper, cut out two rounded shapes for Bad Kitty’s mouth.
7. Glue the black triangles and the tuft of hair to the very top of the door hanger, above the doorknob hole.
8. Glue the red triangles into the black on both sides of the door hanger to make the insides of the ears.
9. Glue on the yellow circles just below the doorknob hole to the front and back of the door hanger. Draw black dots in the circles to make them into eyes.
10. Glue on the brown shape for Bad Kitty’s mouth below the eyes on the front and back.
11. Glue on the red T-shape for her nose over the mouth on the front and back.
12. Glue the whiskers on either side of the door hanger near the bottom, at the same level as the mouth.
13. At the very bottom on front and back, glue on the yellow rectangles and write in a message that welcomes people one side, and that tells them to come back later on the other side. Our door hanger says:
But have fun with it and write your own message!
Hang on your door and enjoy!