With the new school year right around the corner, here’s a cool way to dress up an old soup can or paper cup and make a Recycled Puppy Pencil Holder for your desk!
- Soup can or paper cup
- Crayons or markers
- Construction Paper
- Googley Eyes (optional)
- Puff Ball (optional)
What you’ll do:
- On the construction paper, trace a strip of paper that can cover the outside of the can or cup. (Keep in mind, if you’re using a cup, the strip will need to be curved, like this but if you’re using a soup can, a long rectangle that’s the same width of the can will work perfectly.)
- Cut out the paper.
- Use a piece of tape to fasten one end of the paper to the can or cup. Wrap the paper around the rest of the can or cup and tape or glue other end to secure it.
- Cut out ears, tongue, and collar section from additional pieces of construction paper.
- Glue the ears and collar to the can or cup.
- For the nose, you can either glue a craft puff ball in the middle of the can or draw one on with your marker or crayons.
- For the eyes, you can either glue googley eyes above the nose or draw them as well.
- Fill in Puppy’s face with pencils, markers, crayons, or anything else you’d like, then drop your pens and pencils inside for safe keeping.